Saturday, December 31, 2011

Sitting Day Three


Today is my third day of sitting and I decided that the first few days would be practice in determining where and what time I will sit, since my family and I are on holiday break and out of our routine. I hope to establish a routine time and place, at least during the week. This morning I sat immediately as I rolled out of bed. It was much harder to relax during my sitting because my joints weren't quite awake and my body was screaming to move. I don't know how the saints and sages sit first thing in the morning...

I am hoping for a nice long sit later this afternoon to clear my mind for ringing in the New Year.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny!

    I saw your post on Kay Moates FB and was intrigued and inspired. So much so that I immediately sat (for about 10 minutes). I've been craving a practice of stillness so I'd like to join you in your journey. Day 1 of sitting...I loved the stillness and noticed how much my joints wanted to move after the smallest time...

    Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tracie,

    I am thrilled that you will join me. Since we are not well acquainted, I just have to say that I am a 'connect-a-holic' above all else, which means that having a 'sitting friend' is my favorite thing. Kay can vouch for that.

    Warm welcome!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. people sitting in quiet are connected and magnify the Mystery . . . such a gathering, an expansive wandering/wondering . . . may Simply Sitting be a portal into many people's interior quiet!

    ReplyDelete