Saturday, December 31, 2011

Sitting X 2


Indeed, I am having a beautiful last day of 2011. Wishing the same for all...I spent time painting the new treehouse in the pine after a brief morning sitting practice. The children are visiting their grandparents, so my love and I had a late lunch. I rifled through the last unpacked box from our move in August and recycled most of the items before spending time in reflection. It felt important to write some of the memories of the year. A friend on FB asked about three favorite experiences in 2011:


1. Traveling to Rwanda
2. Faculty appointment at the Center for Arts in Medicine
3. Nestling in with my family for a long winter's nap (three weeks to be exact)


After a bit of writing to reflect, I turned to a final sitting practice for the year. This time, I sat with a purpose. I had some very specific 'relinquishing' to do. And afterward, I simply sat.



No comments:

Post a Comment