Tuesday, February 14, 2012

day of heart

Arms Wide Open


Top of the morning to you. Just up from a long, resonant sit on this February morning. The fresh, warm scent of whole grain pancakes shaped like a heart and piled high with strawberries fills the air of our home. The floor is scattered with tiny red sequins and atop the art table sits a bright pink ink pad and a swirly Hummingbird stamp carefully chosen by my DD's and DH. 

Cost of a box of 24 premade Valentine's cards = $3
Cost of supplies to make 24 cards = $20 (well, the stamp will get lots of use!)
Value of a homemade Valentine's card = priceless

On another note, today's sit was especially wonderful. I was almost sucked into computer time BEFORE my sit, but I stopped short of entering a password to my work email, set the computer aside and sat. Whew! What a gift!

Speaking of gifts, I have been given great gifts in my life in the form of human beings who have loved deeply, offered wisdom, provided hours of listening; Teachers of play, creativity, and laughter. All told, these teachers are soul-friends who bring me closer to the Mystery and allow me to begin to trust the uniqueness and worth of my life. 

You know who you are. I dedicate this beautiful Heart's Day to you. May it be a bright, warm, peaceful day for you; and as the sun shines upon you, know that this one small life is richly and abundantly blessed because of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment