Saturday, February 4, 2012

Saturday Sit

I sat this morning for about 20 minutes, sliding right out of bed and onto a pillow for sitting. My mind was full and busy thinking, so it took a little while before I settled into true quiet. I notice that I am fairly attached to arriving at the delicious-feel good parts of quiet; often accompanied by all-over warmth, peace, and a sense of well being. I have to keep this attachment in check and remind myself that my commitment is to simply sit. 

Some days, I do not feel connected as deeply or quickly as other days. These days are somehow especially important days to sit.

The most potent sitting for me has been to pay attention to what comes up and witness it fully; be it tears, worry, anger, irritability. This practice has allowed deep releasing and more times than not, a deep rest follows.

No comments:

Post a Comment