Sunday, February 12, 2012

Travel week

A mid-week sit was especially tender on a boardwalk along the Apalachicola Bay and the largest estuary in the Southeast. Travel weeks are tough. Rethinking where to sit, and finding space and time to do so, can present a challenge. Still, when I sit, I see the world differently for a little while. I remember what a small part of a whole each one of us is. It is time so beautifully spent.


In order to contend with the changes in schedule with travel, school, work, family time, etc. I have decided to adopt my DD's cello teacher's practice suggestion. The cello teacher has been teaching for many years and strongly encourages five minutes of daily practicing. However, when her students miss a practice, she invites them to double up. If they miss two days, they can practice for fifteen minutes on the third day. I find a sweet redemption in this plan. So I think I will follow it . . . still aiming for my five minutes of sitting a day, but also allowing myself permission to rest easy on days that I don't sit knowing I can 'make it up'.


No comments:

Post a Comment