Friday, January 27, 2012

Days Twenty Seven, Twenty Eight, and Twenty Nine


On Day Twenty Seven, DH traveled for a one-day workshop so I had the distinct responsibility of driving the girls to school. I am terrible at driving the girls to school. And my morning routine is my saving grace. So needless to say, sitting on Day Twenty Seven did not happen in the morning. I sat late in the evening, after the house was quiet.

On Day Twenty Eight, I also sat in the evening. Since we have been away for a week, the house needed attention and I couldn't help myself. Cleaning felt critical. When I sat last night, I felt gravity. Bones on the earth. My solar plexus is tender. I followed the tenderness right into the center of my body. My hands rested there.

On Day Twenty Nine, I finally sat in the morning. It was such a good feeling to return to routine. My body feels literally 'bent out of shape' this week. Fidgety. Restless. Busy mind. I really needed my Shadow Dancing Mindfulness Mantle from On Slender Threads. Gradually, I found a resting place in my heart, but slowly, and down a long, dark winding road.


No comments:

Post a Comment