Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Sitting Day Twenty

'Commonsense is the consensus of all of the senses . . .'
~ I Ching

Sitting this morning was restful and as thoughts rose up, I simply sent them on their way. Today our family faces a difficult meeting detailing the plan of care for a sick loved one. It weighs heavy on our hearts. Sitting feels like a wise way to prepare to offer support in any way that may be of use. When I sit, I notice the water level rising in the well. At the end of the year last year, I was feeling dry to the bone. This rising is welcome . . .

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry for the meeting you're facing today. Very wise to increase the water level beforehand. For me, at least, issues like this can get my head buzzing and whirling, which makes me fairly useless. Carrying some stillness and calm with you might allow you to face things as they are rather than as your whirls them to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marnie,

    Thank you so much for your response. And you are right, now that we are on the other side, a beginning unto itself, sitting will be essential for me.

    ReplyDelete