Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Sitting Day Six

Good morning, great wide world! I shared sacred time with a friend this morning which enriched my time sitting. Time with heart-friends awakens me on so many levels. I am feeling grateful and glad. This morning is also the dawning of a new livelihood as today is my first day at work as a professor in the Arts in Medicine.


I sat this morning for 5 minutes with a sense of rumination. I was deep in thought, mulling over the time with my heart-friend. Stillness and quiet were welcome. I was contemplating the I Ching's reflections on Modesty as a human being's true nature and the foundation of all Cosmic Virtues. The other virtues described are Equality and Uniqueness. The I Ching shares, "True modesty is having no self image." Hmmmm...I will look forward to many, many more hours of sitting before I can fully imagine what freedom there may be in living a life with no attachment to image. Until then, blessings of an open mind and a clean slate to you and yours...


No comments:

Post a Comment