Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Sitting Day Seven

Happy Wednesday! All is well here on this chilly, bright winter morning. After a morning smoothie and Magnolia Pu-erh tea, I prepared to sit. I am really liking my sitting place, in the center of the circle rug, by the heart(h), and I have taken to grabbing a pillow from a nearby bench upon which to perch. The sitting practice this morning was a simple return to Self. Coming home. I noticed thoughts but did not feel particularly attached to them. I observed that when I remember my breath, the thoughts move along.


Yesterday's return to work, and first day on the job, was a s-t-r-e-t-c-h after our family's long winter nap. Feeling equal parts energized and exhausted, this morning's sit was especially restful and comforting. 


May Wednesday's bowl be full of things that nourish the body, mind, heart and spirit remembering the wise words of our Friend, Rumi....

And don't think that the Garden loses its ecstasy in Winter.

It's quiet. But the roots are down there riotous.

No comments:

Post a Comment