Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Sitting Day Thirteen

Quiet and joyful greetings. This morning I sat and greeted the day just before 7 am. DH and the girls picked up breakfast on the way to school which gave me a little extra time. I experimented with sitting as soon as the door was closed. The only glowing light was beaming on the center of my rug and I was compelled to sit. Something truly magical happens in that hour before dawn. I avoid the wee morning hours in favor of a little more sleep most days. I am grateful I didn't go back to bed this morning.


I sat for a full 20 minutes and settled right in to the quiet.  My mind was relatively still this morning. I noticed short belly breaths and remembered how babies breathe, how their bellies rise and fall. Again this morning, I sang myself out of meditation, and closed by asking for help on behalf of a family member who is ill. Praising comes easily to me; asking for help is more of a stretch sometimes.


Quiet, reflective, daily practice quickens me. Emotion is closer to the surface; and so is the capacity to release it, silently, immediately, fully.


1 comment: