Sunday, January 1, 2012

Sitting Day Four

I sat just after the New Year began in the middle of the night by the fire after my love had turned in. Our home has a circular rug in the center of the living room in front the fireplace. It is really lovely to sit in the middle of the tiniest circle with all of the concentric circles expanding outward. I grabbed a pillow and had a seat. I felt my body grow heavy and the weight of gravity ground me on the spot. It was a short but powerful sit.

Today at noon, I sat again for almost an hour. During the sitting practice, I alternated between simply sitting and actively releasing through breath and conscious letting go of beliefs that no longer serve. All the while, I sat still, eyes closed, observing breath and thought. May 2012 be a heart-centered year.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the welcome Jenny :-) I'm enjoying the nuggets you're placing in this blog stream. Scraps of poetry, quotes, images, and the reference to Kay's Mantles. I have one named Gaia Calling. They are such a glorious and beautiful way to cultivate stillness, aren't they...

    Sitting Day 2 - this morning before I took a walk. It was a restless sit for the first half. Butterfly mind, but my body was still. Connected deeply with the stones under our home and found a gentle quiet. Was aware of being filled with strength through the stones. I like that as a foundation for my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What pure JOY finding you two together . . . favorite friends wandering into their special sitting practice with OST Mindfulness Mantles . . . that's quite a stilling way to begin 2012, in fact I take off my shoes knowing that for me this is a sacred moment, a burning bush . . . here, have some blackberries (a borrowed idea from Emily Dickenson) . . . let's eat and know the holy . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm, delicious. Thanks for offering and for honoring this holy intersection. Grateful, as always, for the signpost...

    ReplyDelete