Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sitting Day Eighteen

I continued with yesterday's recipe for a weekend sit by sneaking to sit first thing. The throw pillow makes sitting plenty comfy. It is really difficult to maintain my sense of inner peace in the context of all of the moving parts that make a family. My conclusion? Sitting is more valuable than ever. Each of the members of my family are excellent mirrors, and teachers, for where I can grow. I see my stubborn streak, the constant state of motion, nit picking and need to control, my out of control . . .


I sat this morning for about 10 minutes or so. The house was silent as a stone. DH and the girls were snuggled way off in the family room. Mmmmmm . . .


As I write, I wonder, what is this obstacle course called Life? The moment we strike a balance and find ease, along comes a mighty wind . . . My teacher, Swami Satchidananda might offer, 'don't let anything disturb your peace.' Hmmmm . . .

2 comments:

  1. Sat this morning just after showering, cuddled in my warm robe with the house oddly quiet. My husband was out, two of the children slept at friends houses last night and the third was still asleep. Yet, I couldn't settle. My mind whirred and spun, darting through images and half spoken words.... Finally it quieted and I could rest into the silence and stillness. Nearly 30 minutes of sitting -- about 10 minutes of stillness. It's a dance...

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely description. so much a dance without lead or follow . . .

    ReplyDelete