Monday, January 2, 2012

Sitting Day Five

Good morning. We are approaching our regular daily routine gently and slowly this morning. The children will come home from the visit to their grandparents later this afternoon. DH and I are off to accomplish a few things before work officially starts back tomorrow. I set an alarm clock this morning, in spite of a later than usual bed time, and rolled out of bed.


I sat for 5-7 minutes this morning. It was a bit of a battle of wit inside my sitting. Every so often, a thought would arise about a lemon, for example, or what shirt I will wear for this morning's drive, or Hanuman. Each time, I would extend my sitting a little longer, focus on allowing the breath to flow in and out with ease, lengthen my spine, and stay with the practice. I observed a few beliefs rising up that I plan to let go in ritual so I will jot those down.


In the words of modern day saint and teacher, Ani DiFranco, in her brilliant song Hour Follows Hour, "First you decide what you've got to do. And then you go out and do it. And maybe the most that we can do, is just to see each other through it."


No comments:

Post a Comment