Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sitting Days Twenty Three and Twenty Four

Meditation Chapel in Hospice

As I mentioned liminal space, we have certainly been in it. I have found moments to sit sometimes for much, much longer than a typical day at home; and sometimes on the go, or in the bathroom on the edge of the tub, or in the passenger seat. 


My family experienced the death of a dear loved one on Friday night. It was swift, merciful and peaceful. We surrounded her in love and light. And she drifted out of this life as if in a deep sleep. Our immediate grieving bubble burst as my DH flew one direction, and I flew another for business travel this afternoon. It has been such a time of transition, sweetness and deep sorrow; and quite far from our daily routine.


Tomorrow, I will share of my next morning sit. This evening, I will simply share that in my sitting over the past few days, I am aware that life is tender; and good health is a precious gift to be cared after and deeply appreciated. And that death can be gracious and quiet, kind of like sitting still.



A beloved winter garden 

No comments:

Post a Comment