Friday, January 13, 2012

Sitting Day Sixteen



Good morning. This morning's sit was time-luxurious in that I am home for the day. I started a fire in the fireplace near the circle rug and straightened the living room before I sat down. And I began with reflective writing. I looked at a few old collages and paintings created last year as we prepared to move to a new home town. I read an inspired text as I continue to feel compelled to dig through old, old beliefs and relinquish those that aren't serving.


After cleaning, reading and writing, I began to sit still. My hands fell loose in my lap, legs crossed and eyes gently closed. After having sat awhile on the floor already with all of the reading and writing, my joints contested a little bit. Still, my focus remained inward, even as my eyes fluttered open after 10 minutes or so. During my sitting time, the proverb floated up, "Don't push the river..." and I am reminded that Nature unfolds as it will. Everything in its own time.

No comments:

Post a Comment