Friday, January 13, 2012

Every Path is Sacred

Every path is sacred -

The green & wide & lush
Where many gather often
And abundance surrounds;

The dense forest way
Enclosed with brush & solitude
Hours beyond twilight, & prickly;

The drowning wild Ocean
With waves forever crashing
And vistas vast & sweeping
Over deep and troubled waters;

The rocky, steep & narrow
Where the only way beyond is to climb up
And there is room for but one set of footprints;

Every path is sacred.

Jenny Baxley Lee 2011

3 comments:

  1. Love it! Love it! Love it!!! So glad I found your little quiet place.

    Love,
    Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  2. My best friend, I didn't realize this was your blog and I am so happy to once again be reading your blog, reminding me each time of two little girls that stayed up in bed far too long reading to one another for hours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed...even the path of the long weekend sit :-). I've been reading the entries I missed this weekend. So wonderful to take a few quiet moments to be here. Oh - and how magical to have the background image and the font changing as I scrolled and refreshed the page. It made me smile...

    ReplyDelete