Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Sitting Days

In short, I am sitting most every day. Weekends continue to prove to be a challenge and I am generally having to find a way for a sneaky sit. Weekday sitting is much easier to manage with our family's routine.


Now about numbers . . . I have a love/hate relationship with numbers. So I am ditching the daily numbering of my sitting days. I find numbers to be a most magical way of knowing. But numbering my days has many implications these days; some agonizing. And I am time-adverse; much more of an event orientation than time-orientation. I thrive in Central America, Europe, Africa; but I struggle at home and work.


Now, about today's sit, I sat for about 15 minutes this morning. Perched on a red pillow, legs crossed and nestled in, sitting felt settling. Warm tears welled up and spilled for a moment. I enjoyed not thinking and simply being with and sensing the quality of quiet inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment