Friday, January 6, 2012

Sitting Day Nine

Good morning. Fresh from a morning sit, I am feeling happy that it is Friday and we have a few 'down days' to balance the full swing feeling from the first week of the New Year. This morning's sit stretched over about 15 minutes time and had moments of pure stillness and calm mind; a sense of almost a waking slumber. I used a singing bowl to ring me in, sat on the nearest pillow from the bench, had kleenex as I have been fighting a bug, and a steaming cup of Lemon Ginger infusion. The first 3-4 minutes I noticed a repeating chorus from an old hymn I loved as a child, "And the things of Earth will grow strangely dim..."

And then I really sank into the quiet deeply. . .



1 comment:

  1. Yesterday's sit was brief but exquisite...in a sunny spot on my kitchen floor as my tea was steeping. A bit more like basking really...

    I love singing bowls. Perhaps I'll try ringing myself in...though my sitting seems to be rising organically from moments in my day. Being in flow? Being undisciplined? Hmmm....

    ReplyDelete