Sunday, January 1, 2012

Seven Habits

I never read Seven Habits of Highly Effective People but I am inspired today not to make resolutions, per se, but to reflect on habits I'd like to cultivate to live a balanced life. Off the top of my head, I am imagining:


1. Drink plenty of water and eat for health and pleasure.
2. Spend time outside, and exercise/sweat, daily.
3. Get a full night's sleep consistently.
4. Leave space in between activities for day dreaming, listening, being with what is. (reduce screen/talk time, especially while driving)
5. Get wildly creative often. Dance, sing, write, draw, chant, paint, read poetry...
6. Listen well.
7. Sit in quiet daily.


I am letting go of attachment to any outcomes and imagining a balanced life peppered with these activities throughout my days.


What are some habits you'd cultivate to amplify a balanced way of life?


No comments:

Post a Comment